Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Legend





I have watched wrestling since I can remember. My family has almost always been viewers, since at least my Great-Grandfather. I remember when WCW and WWF were two different companies. And the fall of WCW then the unification of the companies. I have watched so many Legends make combacks or retire. I have watched the Classics to find out who certain wrestlers were my Mama or step-dad enjoyed watching.

I always knew about the Ultimate Warrior in passing that he was a crazy and amazing wrestler. Then my step-dad talked about him several times and I looked him up. I was so amazed! He was a truly gifted wrestler that was good at what he did but stop being who he wanted to be. His character was energetic, fun, crazy and enjoyed the match. I was so impressed when he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and I was excited to watch his speech both at the ceremony and on Monday Night Raw.

I found out he passed away by accident. I was refreshing my Facebook and it shifted through several posts by my friends. One had posted about it. I couldn't believe it so I searched all over the internet and found it on several sites. I was and still am shocked. He was so young! May he rest in peace, and may his family find solace in the love of family, friends and fans.

The Ultimate Warrior will live on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment