Hudson Brown stopped believing in magic long ago. That is, until the day he is whisked away to the magical land of Logos by a curious compass given to him by his off-beat neighbor, Charlotte.
Hudson discovers that Logos is a land ruled by words, thoughts, and memories. A fairy might ferry you across the river for the price of one memory. But be sure to look out for snarky unicorns, as they will see through those who are not pure of heart.
Not understanding the many rules of Logos, Hudson is quickly saddled with a troll curse. Charlotte, who, along with her father, was banished from Logos, can help get rid of the curse--but only if he agrees to find the lost Princess of Logos in return.
Janette Rallison/ CJ Hill writes books because writing is much more fun than cleaning bathrooms. Her avoidance of housework has led her to writing 26 novels that have sold over 1,000,000 print copies and have been on many reading and state lists. Her books are fantasy, sci-fi, and romantic comedy because hey, there is enough angst in real life, but there’s a drastic shortage of humor, romance and hot guys who fight dragons. She lives in Arizona with her husband, kids, and enough cats to classify her as eccentric.
Connect with the Author here:
Top Ten List
Top Ten Facts about Janette
1) She writes books instead of doing housework. (This is only fun if you're the one ignoring the dishes.)
2) She has five kids and is still (mostly) sane.
3) Her favorite book as a child was The Phantom Tollbooth. It's the reason she wrote The Wrong Side of Magic. She wanted to do a book with fun word play and fantasy characters
4) She had a crush on Richard Hatch (Apollo from Battlestar Galactica) and so if she's describing a brown-haired hero in one of her romance novels. yeah, it's probably him.
5) She can't say no to a stray cat, if the ones residing in her back yard are any indication
6) Double-jointed elbows
7) Has a collection of dolls, teacups, and china--proving that her inner child is a Victorian old lady
8) Has seen every version of Pride and Prejudice ever filmed. (The full-length BBC one is the best.)
9) Was born on her grandmother's birthday.
10) Is the mother of the Odd1sOut creator
Charlotte opened her backpack and gave Hudson the silver coin he needed for the guard and the gold coin to lay by a statue. She also took out a small bottle. “Shake it when you need some light. It’s full of hope.”
He took the bottle. “I’d feel better if this were full of matches.”
“Matches burn out after a few seconds. Hope lasts longer.”
He turned the bottle one way and then the other. “It looks empty. Does that mean we’re hopeless?”
“I hope not.”
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page